Have you got ‘something to sing about’?
The Serenade Files publishes a quarterly digital magazine aimed at artists, arts enthusiasts, and arts entrepreneurs who want to invest in their personal and professional development, and learn about independent and emerging artists who are creating outstanding work.
If you’ve read our digital magazine and website articles and you think that you can contribute valuable content to our publication, then we may offer you payment. Please read the following guidelines.
- Familiarise yourself with our content then send us a pitch via the contact form below. Please use the subject ‘pitch’,
include your full name, email contact, and link/s to examples of your work. We will not consider any content that does not fit our publication.
- If your pitch is accepted, we will invite you to register for free membership. Only registered members can contribute and be paid for their content.
- We accept the following types of content and we do not pay gst:
- photography series (up to 5 images) – $100
- illustrations – $75
- poetry (up to 250 words) – $25
- short stories (from 500 to 1000 words) – $50 to $100
- articles (300 to 1000 words) – $30 to $100
- You must be the copyright owner of the work you are submitting and it must not have been published anywhere previously.
- We will only accept content from contributors who are Australian citizens, above 18 years of age, and have an Australian Business Number for invoicing purposes. You must not be registered with gst.
- Payment will be made upon publication following the receipt of a tax invoice from the contributor.
- You will only hear back if your pitch is of interest to us.
Is your magazine free?
You can access all of our available content online using your favourite device. All we ask is that you pay-what-you-want to support our mission to celebrate the incredible achievements of fellow disruptors, innovators, outside-the-box thinkers, and promote independent artists’ and entrepreneurs’ achievements. Your monetary contribution will allow us to continue to pay our talented contributors and bring you more free arts/lifestyle content for years to come.
What’s the difference between being a member and being a subscriber?
Subscribers are the people on our mailing list. They receive the monthly e-newsletter direct to their preferred email account and any special offers/promotions by The Serenade Files and other organisations whom we support. You can subscribe via the pop-up form or on our Welcome page.
Members register via the Members’ Area and have an account to log in to our site. All registered members have been approved by admin and are eligible to contribute content to the magazine or site. Please read our submission guidelines above before making a pitch to the editor.